So, my Mom’s birthday was earlier this month. Since I was unable to spend her day with her, I decided to celebrate in my own way by scrapbooking a photo that I took of her this past summer. The pic was taken during our trip to Jamaica. And if I do say so myself she is serving sun-kissed glory! Werk!
Words can’t express how much she means to me so I won’t even attempt to write something word worthy. After all, in my world she is the Queen B (yes her first name starts with the letter B – clever right?!) Anyway, I’ll just move on to the layout.
My favorite part of this layout (other than the picture) is the color balance. I like the mix of the bright colors next to the muted colors. To me, this color combination says “I’m excited but I’m still chillin.” I also like the title as it features a large chipboard alpha, which I love using in layouts.
The supplies for the layout are a mix of items from my stash. I find it hard to stick to just one product line when working on my projects. Some of the items may be out of circulation. But my goal in sharing this project in the video was to show the process, explain my design choices, and of course provide a little inspiration. You could easily recreate a similar design using your own supplies.
- Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants Designs – Fancy Kewl “Exquisite”
- Patterned Paper: Cherry Arte – Burnish Crème Vine
- Patterned Paper: Crate Paper –Random Collection
- Patterned Paper: October Afternoon – Woodland Park
- Journaling Tag: Basic Grey -Hey You
- Flair: Basic Grey – Hey Boy
- Kraft Flowers: K & Company
- Wood Embellishments: Studio Calico